First Year Programs (FYP) strives to the foster academic and personal growth of incoming students at City Tech. We achieve this by offering various educational initiatives to support the new student’s transition into college.
- First Year Immersion (FYI) programs for incoming and continuing students
- First Year Summer Programs (FYSP) Immersion Courses
- January and June Express Immersion Courses
- First Year Learning Communities (FYLC)
- Mentoring and Tutoring services
- Our handbook: The Companion for the First Year at City Tech
- Math preparatory workshops
- Retest Prep Placement Exam workshops
- …and more!
teaching first year students
We support the adoption of high impact practices including the coordination of interdisciplinary curriculum and professional development for our faculty through:
- Collaboration with City Tech’s Faculty Commons
- Training and seminars for FYSP and FYLC faculty
To ensure continued growth and success, the Office of First Year Programs aims to continually evaluate and update our offerings to best serve the immediate needs of our students and faculty at City Tech.